Your wedding day is one of the most memorable and exciting days of your life. It’s your day, and everything needs to be perfect. But how do you start? Don’t stress just yet – we can help!
Struggling to start your wedding planning efforts? We’ve got you covered! Plan ahead 12-16 months before your wedding date to get a good head-start. Start with the obvious – choose a wedding date! Now you can move onto the next important part – planning everything else!
[ ] Save the Date.
Setting the date of your wedding will affect everything – your venue, colors, food, etc. Think carefully about which season fits your ideal wedding perfectly.
[ ] Find Inspiration.
Gather all your friends together for a night of wine and wedding planning! Begin by leafing through bridal, fashion, and design magazines for inspiration. Next, hit up Pinterest for endless ideas!
[ ] Decide on Budget.
Figure out how much you're willing to spend based on your families' contributions, plus your own.
[ ] Determine Guest List & Wedding Party.
Invite your friends and family to share the special day with you. Next, assemble the best group of bridesmaids to support you through the wedding planning process!
[ ] Reserve Venues for…
- The Rehearsal Dinner. Show your wedding party how much you appreciate them by booking an awesome rehearsal dinner venue.
- The Ceremony. Your ceremony location is very important. Will it be indoors, outdoors, or maybe a combination of both? The options are endless!
- The Reception. Thank your guests for attending your ceremony by treating them to an amazing after-party! A delicious reception dinner, fun guests, and the perfect venue will complete your wedding day.
[ ] Reserve Accommodations for…
- Bridal suite. The cherry on top of your picture-perfect wedding day? A romantic bridal suite for you and your new hubby! Don't forget the champagne and Jacuzzi!
- Immediate family. Touch base with your immediate family to make sure everybody has a place to stay after the reception. After all, it’s no fun when people need to leave early!
- Out-of-town guests. Guests traveling long distances will appreciate carefully-chosen hotel accommodations or simply recommendations. A small touch like this can really go a long way.
[ ] Research…
- Florists. Choose an experienced florist and listen to their recommendations. Remember – season will determine price and availability.
- Catering. Easily one of the most important pieces of a successful wedding. Working with a knowledgeable and experienced wedding caterer can really make a difference. We'll expand on this piece a little later – it's our specialty after all!
- Photographer/Videographer. Help remember every moment of your special day by hiring a quality photographer/videographer. Remember, hiring someone with experience will make a difference down the road.
- Music/Entertainment. Hire a deejay to play the latest hits, or go old school by recruiting a live band! Either way, make sure your wedding guests stay entertained during the reception.
- Transportation. An easy detail to overlook, remember to figure out transportation for your wedding party to and from each venue. We recommend a party bus!
[ ] Choose a Theme and Colors.
Put lots of thought into your wedding theme and colors – they influence your wedding more than you know. Coordinate accordingly with your wedding date’s season for extra style points!
[ ] Purchase Rings.
Get everything squared away with your wedding rings early. You don’t want to be distracted with small details such as engraving and resizing as the date draws near.
[ ] Book Officiant.
Getting to know your officiant and discussing what you can expect from each other will help eliminate unnecessary anxiety on your wedding day.
[ ] Begin dress shopping (bride & bridesmaids).
No doubt you have your perfect wedding dress picked by now. Remember to consider your wedding theme and colors when deciding on bridesmaid dresses. Don’t let the flurry of opinions get you confused – this is your wedding after all!
[ ] Think about Invitations.
This detail often goes overlooked; don't forget to put a little thought into your wedding invitations. In your guest's eyes, the invitation sets the entire mood for your upcoming wedding. Make sure your invitations fit your wedding’s theme and personal style.
[ ] Register for Gifts.
Who doesn't love presents? Choose a few stores and go crazy! Register for kitchen, bedroom, and bathroom essentials... And everything in between.
[ ] Create Wedding Website.
Help your guests keep track of your wedding date, location, and other details by creating a website dedicated to your wedding. This also comes in handy for making announcements beforehand and sharing photos afterwards!
[ ] Plan the Honeymoon.
After all this stressful planning, you deserve a break. Go somewhere with a beach and lots of sun!
[ ] Throw Engagement/Bachelorette/Bachelor Party.
Arrange a well-deserved night out with your girlfriends to celebrate – you just planned your wedding!
Wedding catering is just one of our specialties! A common complaint we often hear from brides-to-be is having trouble gathering realistic information for their upcoming wedding. How much should you expect to pay for wedding catering, flowers, and venues? Prices vary greatly depending on your location and expectations. We make planning easy with practically endless wedding catering options for any type of wedding. Let our catering specialist help plan your dream wedding!